Natural Remedies for Menopause and other Women's Health Issues
There are many natural approaches to menopause and other women’s health issues.
I welcome you to learn more about how I treat these health conditions with naturopathic medicine.
Treating Menopause and other Women’s Health Issues Naturally
As women, I feel we are innately woven to care for our health – our intuition tells us when we are off. We can listen to the red flags:
- Irregular periods
- PMS getting worse
- Energy and concentration decreasing
I find that most women have a sense when their hormones are off. My job is to listen to you and your body’s symptoms to understand which hormones are off, order lab work as needed to assess hormones and then apply naturopathic principles.
Treatments to help the body shift and change into a more balanced place can include:
- Dietary changes
- Vitamins and minerals
After all, our bodies are made to hormonally shift during our usual menstrual cycle month after month but also as we transition through the many different years of our lives such as adolescence, pregnancy, post-natally and in those peri-menopausal and menopausal years.
- Estrogen in excess and therefore low progesterone: weight gain, heavy flow,infertility
- Heavy bleeding: fibroids, peri-menopausal time
- Weight gain in their 40’s as hormones shift
- Thyroid imbalances common in peri/menopause time
- PMS: irritability, breast tenderness, weight gain, low energy, mood swings, anxiety
- Irregular periods: longer or shorter cycles
- Hot flashes
- Stress management: suddenly stress bothers them more, it’s more difficult to manage through
- And many more…
- PMS (pre-menstrual syndrome)
- Irregular periods
- Uterine Fibroids
- Ovarian Cysts
As we apply evidence-based natural approaches combined with traditional natural medicine shown through time to support a woman’s natural hormonal cycle, we see changes and balance in hormones… and therefore life.
Their periods regulate over time or gradually fade away in those menopausal years and they have a better sense of who they are and what they want in life.